South Tyneside Family Discovery Trails
Whether you live in South Tyneside, or are visiting, there is no better place to stretch your legs, get some fresh air and enjoy some family time while walking along our beaches and coastline, in our parks and over our hills.
South Tyneside has a wealth of opportunities for walking so put on your walking shoes, pack your picnic and enjoy!
Each walk has activities to do and sights to see along the way.
These walks range from 30 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
- Seafront Saunter - Sandhaven and beyond (1 to 1.5 hours)
- Riverside Ramble - Hebburn (1.5 to 2 hours)
- Whitburn Wander - Whitburn Coastal Park and Souter (1 to 1.5 hours)
- Meadow Meander - Temple Park (1.5 to 2 hours)
- Jarrow Jaunt - River Don Saltmarsh and St Paul's Church (30 to 45 minutes)
- Colliery Wood Way - Boldon Colliery (1 to 1.5 hours)
- Windmill & Water Tower Walk - Cleadon Hills (45 minutes to 1 hour)
Don't forget your phone or camera to take pictures of your walk and post them to facebook.com/LoveSTyneside.