If you're after the more active day trip or holiday then South Tyneside has a whole range of activities to suit the most adventurous spirit!
- Walk along the promenade and the cliff top paths and take in the amazing views.
- Learn to horse ride at North Lizard Riding School and go out on a trek.
- Spend the morning or afternoon playing football in one of our parks or on the 'Dragon field' across the road from the beach.
- Go for a wall climb at Simonside Wall climbing centre.
- Play basketball, skateboard or rollerblade in our skate park on the seafront.
- Battle it out for the title of champion at Dunes Bowl or let the kids run wild in the indoor soft play at The Dunes.
- Have a swim at Hebburn Central or Haven Point.
- Try your hand at crazy golf at Smuggler's Cove Adventure Golf or have a round of golf at one of our many golf courses.
- Have a go on the Ninja Fitness Trail at South Shields Seafront - how quick can you make it around the course?.
- Follow one of the trails and walk, run or cycle along the South Tyneside Coastal Trails.
- Ride the waves on a surfboard at Sandhaven Beach, or enjoy canoeing or windsurfing at Littlehaven.
- Run the last mile of the Great North Run on the beautiful stretch of grass along the coastline that is The Leas.
For more information visit Sport and leisure.