This recently refurbished hotel was the birth place of Sir William Fox, three times Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Set in a beautiful listed building within the historic village of Westoe, the hotel is just a five minute walk from South Shields town centre and seafront area.
As well as the links with Sir William Fox the village also has ties with the historical legends of South Shields such as the famous authors Dame Catherine Cookson and Elinor Brent Dyer, as well as actress Dame Flora Robson and Dr Winterbottom the founder of South Shields' world renowned Marine Technical College.
There are 14 bedrooms which are individually designed and will provide you with a lovely comfortable stay.
Residents can relax in the refurbished but traditional Red Room Bar which offers a good selection of beers wines and spirits and a wide screen digital TV.
There is a free residents car park and metro and bus stations close by.
- Licensed for alcoholic drinks
- Special diets catered for
- Dining room for private dining with traditional home cooked food (meals are available to order evenings and weekends)
- Free private car parking
- Children are welcome
- Credit cards accepted
- Dogs accepted by arrangement
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Television in all rooms
- Lounge area for residents
- Cycle parking available
- Clothes washing and drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- All rooms en-suite
- Single, double and superior double rooms available
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Flat screen television with multi channels (45 channels)
- Free wi-fi connection
- Writing desk
- Room service available
Please contact the hotel for details.
Please check with the hotel for the latest pricing information.
Location and contact details
The Sir William Fox Hotel is located in the lovely area of Westoe Village in South Shields.
There are a number of places to wine and dine within the vicinity, with South Shields Town Centre and the seafront about a 20 minute walk away.