If you're after the more active day trip or holiday then South Tyneside has a whole range of activities to suit the most adventurous spirit!
- Walk along the promenade and the cliff top paths and take in the amazing views
- Learn to horse ride at North Lizard Riding School and go out on a trek
- Spend the morning or afternoon playing football in one of our parks or on the 'Dragon field' across the road from the beach
- Go for a wall climb at Simonside Wall climbing centre
- Play basketball, skateboard or rollerblade in our skate park on the seafront
- Battle it out for the title of champion at Dunes Bowl or let the kids run wild in the indoor soft play at The Dunes
- Have a swim at Hebburn Central or Haven Point
- Try your hand at crazy golf at Smugglers Cove or have a round of golf at one of our many golf courses
- Have a go on the Ninja Fitness Trail at South Shields Seafront - how quick can you make it around the course?
- Follow one of the trails and walk, run or cycle along the South Tyneside Coastal Trails
- Ride the waves on a surfboard at Sandhaven Beach, or enjoy canoeing or windsurfing at Littlehaven
- Have a go on Urban Wave, a fantastic surfing simulator at Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- Run the last mile of the Great North Run on the beautiful stretch of grass along the coastline that is The Leas
For more information visit Sport & leisure.